Friday 16 March 2007

what a way to celebrate my 200th post

i came home from work early today. i've been feeling like i'm coming down with something for a few days, but chalked it up to having to use my "loud voice" at school so much. but today i felt like i had a fever, my throat was aching, my ears were ringing and sore, and i was exhausted. so i came home at lunch, after napping through fourth period.

when i got home i felt sort of ok, but i went straight to bed anyway. i napped for a few hours and now i feel really disoriented and groggy... lethargic and off-balance... i don't have a fever, my throat isn't really sore now, and my ears are okay, if only a little sensitive. i'm not sure what's wrong with me. maybe i have allergies? i'm not sure. i only started getting seasonal allergies a couple of years ago and every year i forget about them...but maybe they're back? i wish i had some allegra so i could take it and see if it helps... oh well.

while i was napping this afternoon i had the craziest dream.

i was living in the same apartment in gimhae. everyone was going out to this new bar that was only a couple of blocks away from my house. which was awesome. when i got there there were all these foreigners i didn't actually know, but they all knew me. we sat down and then out of nowhere this buffet appeared across the room so we all went to it. my dad was sitting in the corner (as he was the owner) and he was taking plates of meat from people to barbecue. after a while i realized i didn't have my purse anymore and thought i'd just run home to get it.

as i was leaving the bar all these people i knew in high school were walking in the door. so they dragged me back inside. some of them were people i never want/ed to see again. it was so strange because the biggest ass of high school was there, he had grey hair and he was being so nice to me. a little while later i realized that i still didn't have my purse so i went to leave again and when i did all these people from my old work (at the bank) walked in. i barely recognized them at first, but then was hugging them amazed that they were in korea. i told them i was just running home and i'd be right back.

when i was walking down the stairs to the outside more people i know from orientation in august showed up. i told them i'd only be a few minutes. i finally got outside and i saw this woman debi and said, hey why don't you come check out my apartment with me? but she couldn't cause she was sitting with this other woman from orientation who had been kicked in the head by a ten-year-old coming out of taekwondo. as i walked away i saw the kid was still kicking the air frantically in her direction.

when i got to my street (it was night, but i checked the time -in my dream- and it was 10:39PM) it was all under construction, right in front of my building (which was on the wrong side of the street). i found a man (maybe a foreman) to ask if i could get to my apartment. he spoke perfect english, and said okay but was really annoyed that he'd have to take me there (half a block). as soon as we headed to my building all the street lights and the lights the workers were using were cut off and i couldn't see a thing. the foreman brought me to the door of building, but when i walked in i realized it was the wrong one.

we went next door to the right building and i started walking up the stairs, which were covered in this lush red carpet. there were two foreign guys stapling plastic to them to cover them from the dust of the construction going on inside the building (hey when they're doing the street, why no do inside too?). since i'd never seen them before i tried talking to them, but they only talked in riddles and i had no idea what they were saying. so i moved on. i got all the way to the fourth floor when i realized i live on the third, but my apartment wasn't there. the numbers skipped over 301. so i went back down, thinking that all this construction might have caused a second stairwell to be built. it took me a while to find another stairwell and it was just freshly painted (white) - i know cause i got some on my black fleece jacket.

the stairs were really narrow but i finally got to my apartment. when i got in the door i saw that the size had doubled! i had TWO rooms and all kinds of new furniture, but it had all just been thrown in and the place was a mess. i started frantically searching for my purse (since the foreman was waiting to take me back through the construction zone). after all, it had already taken me forever just to find the apartment! i coldn't find it anywhere, so right before leaving i checked in the least likely place - the fridge. it wasn't my fridge, it was much smaller, and after opening it, i could get it to close again. the door kept jamming, but there was nothing to jam it on. i woke up while trying to close it.

am i crazy? what a dream! i don't usually remember my 'regular' dreams in such detail, so i had to write it down. hope it wasn't too long for you all. what do you 'spose it means?

happy 200th post to me! it took almost exactly one year... but i wasn't really posting last summer... have a good weekend!

2 comments:

kim joo mee said...

I ain't no dream analyst, but I had a chuckle about the boy kicking the woman...what does that say about me?? haha j/k:) Hope you're feeling better:( Let me know if you need anything~I'm only a taxi ride away...mua!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
Haven't written in a while. Still read everyday...so you know someone in Canada is reading you. If you need anything let me know..Allegra or even school supplies to give out...Remember Trinity :) Anyways...Still miss ya and can't wait for ya to come home...or London for me to visit :)
Keep on writting...Luv Ya...Your devoted reader from Visa..
ps: My home computer isnt working...need a new one...write to the bank if you want.
ma xx