Monday 19 March 2007

sorry

i've been neglecting this blog for the last couple of days. not because i've been so busy doing interesting things, but quite the opposite. i haven't been feeling well since last week (see previous post) and i just had no energy all weekend and a low grade head ache until this morning. no amount of advil liqui-gel migraine (from canada) would make it go away. i'm still not feeling great. last night i couldn't sleep because because i was having trouble breathing and my chest was pounding... i got to school this morning and it was no better so Jo brought me to the doctor who said that my chest sounded fine... my heart was normal, and my blood pressure ok. he was under the impression that i was having a panic attack or something. they wanted to give me some kind of IV drip, buut i said no. i don't like needles because i have really small veins and they always miss and it hurts like hell. they talked me into taking an injection of something they called a "stabilizer" ... whatever the hell that is (i think it was a tranquilizer of some kind), anyway, she missed my vein the first try, then she tried on my wrist, which was worse and she finally got it in at my elbow. within seconds i was out like a light. dead asleep. i slept at the doctors for like an hour then woke up and felt not myself at all... i was floating... anyway, they only let me leave when they made sure i wasn't driving. i took the bus home and passed out again for another two hours. my wrist has a huge bump and a bruise where she tried to inject me and my arm doesn't look much better... i'm still tired (it's almost 6pm now) and my chest is kind of sore, but i'm feeling better than i did this morning. hopefully a good nights' sleep tonight will make everything better... trying to stay positive...

in happier news i did have one benefit from staying home on saturday night - i got to spend the night on the phone (skype) with ranya. we're planning our trip to thailand. we've both found flights that we can afford and that arrive/depart at almost the same time. i'm really excited. we're starting to plan our itinerary, though we're going to make a loose one full of things we want to do and then we're going to play it by ear... more on that when i have it...

0 comments: