Monday 26 March 2007

a day at the beach

yesterday was - as far as i'm concerned - the first day of summer in korea. yes! summer. technically it's spring, but it felt like the first summer day would if i were in montreal... of course summer in montreal only starts in about two months time... anyway, it was over twenty degrees and the sun was shining as only it can. it kind of made me think "if it's this hot in march, what's it going to feel like in july?!?" but it was a lovely day.
ahh... the sea...

we (Abbey, Kim, Emma, Andy, Kelsey, Nate and I) spent the day at haeundae beach in busan. the water was too cold for swimming, but there was no problem with dipping toes and hangin' out. my nose is a little pink today - no sunscreen or hat :( - i wasn't my "prepare" self... i just wasn't expecting it. anyway, no real harm done... i hope.
our little friend

we made a 'little' friend when we were hanging out by the water. she was adorable, except for when she threw a handful of wet sand in the air and hit kim straight on! (wonder where she got that idea?!?!)
sand flinging with our feet!

typical me...

and more typical me...

all in all it was a really relaxing day that was most necessary. it was just so nice to feel the sun on my skin and the sand on my toes... *sigh... i think we'll end up spending a lot of time at the beach this summer... i hope so anyway! thanks for a great day guys! (and for twisting my rubber arm to get me there.)

1 Comment:

Cherry said...

We are also enjoying some nice weather in Montreal, 18 degrees this week! Still some snow and ice kicking around though, certainly not beach weather! I'm jealous.