Tuesday 21 November 2006

the short stick...part deux

this morning jo (my amazing korean english teacher) told me that she arranged a sit-down with my co-teacher and me after last period today. she told me that she would attend as well. all day i was worried about it, trying to figure out what i would say and how i would say it. but she had already told him about the letter i wrote - i don't know what else she said about it, but it seemed like he was freaking out a bit that i'd told her about the sauna and his kids etc...

he apologized for everything. i apologized for calling him an asshole (though it felt great at the time, i did feel bad about it).

we agreed to start at zero; to try and communicate better (i've heard that one before); that he would tell me when he doesn't understand me - turns out half the time he has no idea what i'm saying; that if i need anything i will ask jo and if she doesn't know she'll ask him if need be; and finally that we would be amicable to each other no matter what.

hopefully the situation is resolved - i certainly feel a lot better for having had the chance to tell him that he made me doubt my decision in coming here and that i wanted to go home after the way he treated me last week. i'm feeling good about it all now, and hopefully things will stay this way. jo was worried about me and how i seemed so unhappy for the last few days, which i was, but i think that it'll all be okay...

even though i originally got the short stick, i think i just picked a new one and it's a lot bigger than the last. :)

0 comments: