Wednesday 22 November 2006

i got "tagged"

... didn't even know you could play tag on the internet, but apparently, i'm "it"...

this is a 'meme' which according to quixtarBlog is: "A blog meme is a type of Internet meme that requires active participation by the blogger and rarely traces back to an originating source. It's often a series of questions that a blogger answers to share some personal perspective or experience on random topics."

basically it means answer the damn questions and pass it on... like those annoying emails you get... i guess you don't have to answer, but it'd be fun if you did... i've tagged a couple of bloggers at the bottom of this post... if you can actually get through the whole thing!!!

Do you like the look and contents of your blog?
In general, I like the look of my blog, but there are some changes that I would make, if only I could figure out how to crack the code in the “new blogger beta”. I’m not finding it so easy to make custom changes to the code.
As for content – for the most part, yes. I think that I tend to ramble on at times, and sometimes I don’t have that much to say, but pictures are worth a thousand words, right? So I’ve always got an extra thousand or so for every post. Mostly this blog is for me to share my experiences in life, so I find it interesting – it is, after all, my life.

Does your family know about your blog?
Ya. My mom doesn’t have a computer, and my dad never reads it – least that’s what he tells me – not sure if my brother or anyone else in the fam’ is reading or not…

Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
This is the best way for me to let my friends know how I’m doing here in SK. Whether they’re reading or not is another matter. This is definitely not a private thing – otherwise it wouldn’t be in the public sphere… would it?

Do you read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try and discover new blogs?
I read the blogs of people who post comments, but there aren’t very many random comments from people with blogs. I am always looking for new blogs to read and search out ones that interest me when I have time.

Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example...
ummm…maybe. I’ve always kept a journal, so the blog isn’t much different in an “affect your mind” kind of way… just that other people read it.

What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you have a traffic counter?
I just got a traffic counter last week and have been borderline psychotic in checking who is reading my blog… well, as much as I can check where they’re from (Canada, US, Greece, Australia, France, Japan, Singapore, Romania(?!), what browser they use (other (?), IE, Firefox), their OS, where they were referred from, etc… the number isn’t really that important (462 hits and 216 visitors since nov. 16th !!!!) okay, maybe I like seeing that people are reading. It stems from the disappointment of the listeners of my college radio show – a big fat 0 most of the time. It made me crave the attentions of the masses… okay, whatever, this is crap – I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE READ AND COMMENT!!!!

Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
Never really thought about it before in a physical sense. I think I more imagine their personalities.

Do you think blogging has any real benefits?
Depends what you mean by “benefits” – for the blogger I think it does – as an outlet, a means of communicating with people you would never otherwise communicate with (see traffic counter – Romania?? Who is reading from Romania, Singapore, etc??) it’s kind of crazy for me to think that there are people from all over the world that I am reaching in my own little way. For the readers – I think it does as well, people learning new things, seeing the world in a different way. So, I guess ya, I think blogging has “real” benefits.

Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone world community separated from the real world?
Sort of. I mean, everyone has their own identity in the blogosphere, and it doesn’t have to be the same as the one in their “real” lives. You can be anything you want without having to worry about people judging you. I don’t mean this in a creepy pedophilia kind of way, just in a more “open, honest about yourself” kind of way.

Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
Bah. Don’t really care either way. We need to worry about the mass media conglomerates more than individuals and their blogs.

Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
Not really. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog if you died?
Uh, no… hopefully it would live on in cyberspace… I’ll have to figure out how to post from the after life though…

Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you?
What kind of impression are we talking about here? some blogs are good for their wit, their writing, their voices; others are good for their photos or content, I don’t think I can pick just one. The ones I read regularly are listed to the right, and those are the ones I like.

Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
Ha! None. No one can ever be like me!!! lol… just kidding, not sure really… I’d say coulda woulda shoulda, but she’s way cooler than I am…

Name a song you want to listen to.
Uh, at the mo’ anything other than the Korean Sunkist lemonade song!!!

Tag some people.
coulda woulda shoulda, back in the motherland , Stranger in a strange land, liza in cymru… and whoever else feels like it.

3 comments:

kim joo mee said...

I hate that song too!!!!!! It's such a stupid commercial too. Oh well, see you tonight!!

Travelling Chick said...

awwww - you're the coolest!! no your the coolest!! no see you at recess!! :) hee hee thanks chickita! duly tagged and will complete...see ya tonight!! :)

Unknown said...

howdy, so as a documentarist wannabe living in korea as well i wanted to chat about cameras, projects, and ask if you are interested in korean foreigner media collaborations going on here in korea.

sincerely,

jeff

jefejose[at]hotmail.com