Monday 20 November 2006

ebb and flow

today was a pretty good day. i felt like i could just shake it all off... one of my team teachers told me that she would talk to my co-teacher with me and help me find a solution to my problem with him - but i think it's more than that. i just felt able to deal with all the shit - ebb and flow - dealing with culture shock is all about recognizing it, and then being as positive about it all as you can... maybe i've been repressing a lot of my feelings of culture shock and that's why it hit me all at once... i think i can do it now...

school was pretty good. i did some good lessons on pronunciation of tee aitch (TH)... since the most used word in the english language is 'the' i thought it would be good for them to be able to say it, instead of 'duh' it also helps them distinguish between "s" words. it was all right. in my other classes we played broken telephone - always a hit since it's a game. little do they know they're practising their english at the same time... it's perfect - listening and speaking... they understand how important it is when the message gets messed up in the middle and they don't get the answer right. i get to play it in almost every class for the rest of the week... good times!

things are looking up, and hopefully they'll stay that way. at least i'm prepared for the tide now...

0 comments: