Wednesday 13 February 2008

life

It seems that lately I am constantly apologizing for this blog... So here it is again, sorry I haven't updated in so long again... I'm really not keeping my word on this one. I don't know what it is, but the only thing I can say is that life is busy in London (not that it isn't everywhere else).

When you're not at work (which is all the time), you're at the gym, if you're not at the gym, you're doing chores, and failing that, you're so tired from the above that all you want to do is go for drinks at the pub or veg in front of the TV.

I know it's no excuse, but I promise to make a concerted effort to write here more. I just haven't been feeling "it".

What is "it"? That desire to share all of the wonderful amazing things that I've been discovering about London, because honestly, I haven't really been discovering much. My life is exactly what I described above, work, gym, home. I go out, obviously, but it's not really anything to write home about.

I, sadly, missed the opportunity of writing here in my first two months, which is always the most exciting time in a new country, so I feel I've lost my groove. I just need a little time to find it.

I think I've written here before that 'life is life wherever you're living it' - I just need to re-iterate that. The fun stuff is sure to come, but I don't have the fab friends that I did in Korea and I don't have the interesting kids to write about, and, well, I'm just missing that "it" bit of my life right now.

I don't want to complain on here about work, like I often did in Korea, believe me, I could complain, but I won't subject you to that, dear reader. But, that being said, I am left with little else, since the majority of my time is spent in the office. Maybe I should start wingeing (ooh, Brit speak!) about it? Let me know what you think...

I have some good ideas for posts, but I just don't have the energy to do the research and take the time necessary... but it will come... I promise, that is, if you still believe me... and if life doesn't get in the way.

2 comments:

katrina said...

life is life wherever you live it - true that. while things here still fascinate and excite me, it's also so "the normal" - I'm superroutinegirl these days! going to visit chris next week - it's -21C there.

Travelling Chick said...

i know what you mean bout not having your heart in it....there are so many things going on in my head/life right now that I should really be writing about because this is all part of the journey but I find myself at a loss as to how to communicate them...it will come eventually...;) and did I tell you i have skype!!!