Friday 13 April 2007

rain, rain, go away...

when i woke this morning i knew it was stormy. the sunlight usually streams in and wakes me up - sometimes a full hour before i have get up... grr.. but today i only woke up four minutes before my alarm, which is set for the latest possible time that i can get up without being late for work.

before leaving i looked out the window. sure enough, it was overcast, but it wasn't really raining. i grabbed my umbrella and headed out. i started thinking how great it was that i have these fancy hiking shoes made with gortex *guaranteed to keep you dry - or so they say. i figured this was the best way to see if it's true... a fifteen minute power walk in the rain. as i was walking the rain started getting heavier until finally there were just massive drops of it. i couldn't believe the size, i've never seen anything like it before. is this a glimpse of what is to come in the "rainy season"?

anyway, there was thunder and lightning and the whole deal along with the fat raindrops... but with my awesome shoes and umbrella i managed to stay relatively dry. the only part of me soaked when i got to school were the bottom half of my jeans. fun. my feet were toasty and dry though... so i guess gortex works!

the clouds cleared away by lunchtime (yay!!!) and i was able to go for my daily walk, which was great... but again, i'm kicking myself for the camera... figured it would rain all day so i didn't bring it again :( oh well... i promise some pictures soon!

0 comments: