Wednesday 25 April 2007

is it friday already??!?

it sure feels like it! i don't have to go to work until monday!!! plenty of time for me to get over whatever new korean disease has taken over my body! i hope anyway...

why don't i have to work? is there a national holiday? perhaps a "ped" day as we used to call them in high school? nope. school #2 is just really awesome. tomorrow is the last day of mid-term exams and being the wonderful people they are, have told me that i don't need to bother coming in since there is nothing for me to do. if only school #1 would do the same... i have three days of sitting around next week during their mid-terms. if both schools were cool, then i'd have eleven days off!!! i could have gone somewhere really cool with that much time... but alas, my school ain't cool... (ok, sorry so cheesy...)

anyway, that accounts for thursday, what about friday? saturday is school #2's "birthday" - yes, schools have birthdays too! (ok, maybe only in korea, but with the way they count birthdays here, i'm not surprised.) since the big day falls on a saturday this year, they've given everyone friday off! yay! so i have a four day weekend ahead of me... what to do? what to do? not much.

i've got a bunch of daytime errands that i need to take care of - bank, immigration, shopping... you know, important stuff! (ha..) well, immigration is important. i need to get my visa 'fixed' so i can go to japan next week. when i got my visa, they issued me a single entry, which means i'm only allowed to use it to get in the country ONE time.... ergo, if i leave the country i will have to re-enter on a tourist visa and it will be illegal for me to work.

so i have to go and pay them another 50$ to make my visa a multiple entry. like i didn't pay them enough in the first place. i would have to do it for thailand in august anyway, so i might as well get it over with now... i'm just praying there aren't any problems like the last time i went to immigration... and i won't have a korean with me this time either. here's hoping i can wrangle my way through the korean immigration system for a second time! keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 comments: