Thursday 12 April 2007

just a matter of time...

today was a pretty good day. it was sunny on my walk to work, and i remembered why i always tell myself to bring my camera everywhere and then promptly kicked myself for leaving it at home!!! oh well.

third period was the national english listening test for the grade two's. so i was free... but i wasn't really. i teach five classes a day at school 3, my co-teacher agreed that it's a lot and we came up with a solution. (sorry if i've written about this before) one period in the day i have "off". what this means is that i visit a class that i don't normally teach, just to say hi and meet them. this is great for me because it's only about 20 minutes - and then i'm free - it's also great for the kids, because they all feel cheated that i'm not their teacher. i feel like a rock star again! (when i first arrived i was bombarded with "i love you" fifty thousand times a day, a round of applause and cheers every time i entered a class, and kids who were just crazy (like in the beatles videos) to meet me. it feels good.

anyway, today third period i got to go to a grade three girls class where i actually knew one of the students from my winter camp. it was really nice... we just chatted and i told them the "i'm fine thank you and you story" (might get around to posting it if i remember. it was nice. then i had over two hours to kill before my next class. so i went to the doctors down the street and had my stitches removed - i know it's a bit early, but it's healing really well and they were really starting to bother me... it went well, even the one that was embedded in my skin... it only bled a little.

at lunch i went for a 30 minute power walk and discovered that i can be on the mountain in just a few minutes... that's tomorrow or next week... see? bring your camera everywhere!!! anyway, i'll take some pics of my typical lunch time walk soon and post them for you. the afternoon went smoothly and i got to leave half an hour early! went to the gym to discover i have lost another three pounds!!! for a total of 11.3 lbs... YAY ME!

so, i guess it's been a good day... things are looking up after weeks of 'badness' the sun is shining again... i knew it was only a matter of time... this weekend is chris's going home party in ulsan, so i'll have some pics of that next week... sad to see him go... but change is just a part of life.

0 comments: