Tuesday 26 December 2006

a merry little christmas

yes it was. little would be operative here as well, since i was back at work this morning (december 26th - whatever happened to boxing day???). the party started around 1:30 at mr parks' bar near downtown gimhae. Lois and Chris had organized the whole thing - including cooking our dinner for us! since mr parks' is quite small, much of the party was outside. thank god for the 15 degree weather - it certainly didn't FEEL like christmas day! the sun was shining, the sky was a gorgeous blue, and i had to take my coat off cause i was hot. but it was lovely.


guess we all thought we'd be smart with our santa caps...
can anyone say "better than 'a charlie brown christmas'"???
with christmas crackers and all!!! my toy sucked... but they have since my very first. (and the americans were all confused about this aspect of our tradition - thanks to whoever got hold of them!)
our lovely dinner. chicken, pork, roast beef, stuffing, gravy, roasted potatos, corn, carrots, peas... forget to get a shot of the trifle for desert, but it was yummy along with cheesecake, fruit cake, and cookies.
my first gift... these hats are everywhere! even on adult men! i traded it for:
a bottle of Finlandia! (which i forgot at the party and will hopefully get back from ben someday!
the girls, before we became toast - think 7 bottles of wine...it was a good day/night... i even got a ride home on a motorcycle... love the motorcycles... gotta get me one of those... but don't tell my mom, she'd have my head on a plate!

thanks to everyone who helped make my first overseas christmas feel a little less lonely. it really was a merry little christmas...

1 Comment:

Travelling Chick said...

oh it was great!!!! but I had too much wine..oh dear..why did we send simon to get us more???? we should have sent him to get us water...oh well, it was Christmas I guess...:)