Thursday 14 December 2006

the blahs.

will the urge to just get on a plane and fly home ever go away?

i had a terrible day today. don't know if i'm hormonal, depressed, or still in culture shock... maybe all three, but i just want to be home. not that i have one of those anymore, i just want to be near anything familiar.

i miss:
my friends.
my mom and dad.
university life.
english (or even french) everywhere.
being comfortable.
nice co-workers.
salt and vinegar chips.
diet coke.
harvey's.
clothes dryers.
bread.
cheese.
home-made chili.
christmas.
and on and on and on and on... and on...

i hope the weekend can get me out of this funk. i hate being here - korea and the head space that it puts me in... why do i let it get to me?

part of the reason i came here was to prove to myself that i could something like this, but i'm seriously doubting myself today. maybe things will look better in the morning...?

3 comments:

Travelling Chick said...

YOU CAN DO IT!! hang in there girlie...only one more day til the weekend...wish I could help make it better...maybe you need more than one night a week of waegooks! miss you and hang in there...:)

katrina said...

chiquita, you rock! and think of all the FUN times here... bad days are bad days, and sometimes it's just that...?
call, we'll talk.
costco run this weekend, I'm heading out tomorrow so let me know if you want anything... I can drop it by next weekend on my way to or from ang's place.

kim joo mee said...

Hey girlie,

Bill and I are going shopping in Busan tomorrow before the big house party...let me know if you want to go. Sorry you're having such a bum week though:( Pick your head up babe, it's a beautiful day...I'll see you tonight and we can chat. MUA