Thursday 3 May 2007

ready, set...

GO!

i'm all set for japan tomorrow. i went and got some ¥en today at the KEB (korea exchange bank) and the rate was better than i thought it would be. it's really strange to be buying yet another currency. i don't know if i should think about it in terms of the won or the dollar... then i get confused. foreign exchange has never been my forte...even when i was working at the bank. i always hated questions about exchange and rates, i just can't wrap my head around it.

i'm just going to keep thinking that 100¥ is like 1$...and 1$ is like 1000W... hopefully i won't end up spending my grandchildrens' inheritance! i've heard of people getting really confused in japan and thinking in terms of won when they see a price that says 40,000 which in korea is pretty cheap (around 40$), but in japan it's actually like 400$! i'll just have to steer clear of anything with more than three zeroes! of course, i am looking (thinking, debating...) to buy a digital SLR while i'm there, so that'll probably get into the hundreds of thousands... anyway... just a quickie to say see you all when i get back - hopefully with some great stories to tell - and i'm sorry i haven't been posting much of late... but that's bound to change soon. have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage sweetie. Try to find green tea gum. It's delicious!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Japan!!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip! I'll be posting my England photos on Facebook soon.

Elmobong.com said...

Hey Honey Bunny, I hope you enjoy your stay in Japan, and I hope you get that SLR... Go to Shinjuku station and take pictures for me... as you mgiht remeber I almost killed myself when I realised my picutres of the Shinjuku area were lost... ;-(
Love, Elmo