Wednesday 16 May 2007

happy teachers day!

what a fantastic holiday. teachers day is not what it used to be (or so i hear) but just getting an extra day off is a gift unto itself! i spent my teachers day at the beach, soaking up the rays, with a few friends. a couple of them got loads of presents and gift certificates, where i got a pink balloon and a note. oh well... like i said, a day off is a day off!!!

the koreans were out as well... we found these ones buried in the sand!

wes, dave and abbey chillin' in the sand...

down the beach.

the sun didn't seem very strong, but i've come away with my first (and hopefully only) burn of the year. i had sunblock on (only 15 spf, as that's usually enough) but i guess i should take a hint from the stores which sell almost exclusively 30 spf. point taken... it won't happen again. don't think this will peel... and will hopefully be a nice brown in a couple of days.

it was a great day for relaxing on the beach... thanks guys!

1 Comment:

katrina said...

Happy teachers' day Liz!
hey, I got a pink balloon with a note on it! And that's all.
*sob* so sad. so sad. My co-teacher felt sorry for me so she gave me some of the crazy amount of flowers that she got. Clearly I'm only popular when I'm playing games with the kids.

I only got the afternoon off, so I went to a poolhall to play pocketball with some teachers. FUN! (I got mad skillz. ok, not so much...)