Monday 21 May 2007

the funk that was

well, a few days have passed since my "inflammatory" post about korea and culture shock. i'm feeling much better now, thank you. like i said, culture shock comes in waves and it's different for everyone... i managed to surf through that one and only really fell off my board once.

i think one of the hardest parts of culture shock is seeing it for what it is, and that post helped me. so did a good friend of mine here in korea. she helped me put my feelings into perspective, helped me see the other side of the story... something which i was blind to precisely because of the way i was feeling. so a thanks to you (you know who you are) for a great evening of wine and cheese and intellectually stimulating conversation!

today is actually my nine month anniversary here. i know it isn't really that long, but it's still a milestone. a little more than three months to go and when i break it down, i can do it. so happy anniversary to me!

2 comments:

katrina said...

omg it's already been 9 months? happy anniversary Liz! looking forward to the sand party!

Kimberbop said...

happy 9 months! maybe you should come to seoul???? haha.