Friday 7 December 2007

fun in london

On Wednesday (the day I arrived) Lisa had over a couple of her closest friends - A and K - and we had a vegetarian green thai curry and way too much wine. It was a lovely evening and I was able to meet a couple of really great women. A is an aussie but has been here for years and K is from Kent, I think. Anyway it was really a great night, though my stomach didn't appreciate it the next day!

Yesterday Lisa and I went shopping. We hit Oxford street and went to some of the big department stores -the names all escape me at the moment- and then went to Tottenham Court road to continue the search for one of her Christmas gifts. We ended up finally buying most things online as it's cheaper, and as it turned out, easier.

In the evening we were invited to the Of Montreal concert (or gig as they say here) - which was hilarious for me, since I'm from there and only just left there. The band, however, is not from Montreal... They're American from the States somewhere. They were pretty good and I'm sure there are people I know who are big fans of this band and might be a little jealous that I just happened onto their concert... sorry!

Before the show Lisa and I headed to the local for a pint. My first real pint here, actually. It was nice to sit and chat, we hadn't really had time for it before. I kept thinking to myself how "normal" (whatever that means...) it feels for me to be here. That could change, I know, but for now, there isn't any real culture shock, no homesickness, no wondering what the hell I'm doing... it's all very different from Korea in that sense.

Today I started to seriously look for and apply to jobs. Now I'm waiting to hear anything. I'm going to continue over the weekend to look for something. On Monday I have an appointment at one of the recruiting agencies that I've signed up with. They'll want my banking information - but I don't have any yet. I was going to go get an account today, but the lines were all so long at ALL of the banks that I would have been in line until next week anyway! So, I'll go on Monday afternoon. I still haven't decided on a bank, but Lloyd's is looking like the best right now... we'll see how difficult it proves to get an account here.

So, stay tuned for more on London and the adventures of getting a bank account! Not sure what's on for the weekend yet, but I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what it is, just because I'm in London!!! Also, more pictures to come soon.

0 comments: