Friday 23 November 2007

winter wonderland...

Uh, ya. Wonderland. Mother Nature is playing catch up. I wasn't here last year, but I know/heard there was no snow, and winter didn't really start until January. That was just because mother nature knew that winter would start early this year and she was giving everyone a break.


In the backyard. This is the same shot (almost) as the leaves one in a previous post.

I hate writing about the weather, since it's the kind of thing that you talk about when there's nothing else on the menu... but seriously. This week we've seen every kind of nasty winter weather possible. Sleet. Snow. Rain. Freezing rain. High winds. You name it.

I didn't measure, but it looks like about two inches on the railing...

It's not fun. I know that I wrote a little about it earlier in the week. I know that I said I thought it was kind of fun, and that I didn't mind it so much, but I also asked that there was no more until I left. I guess mother nature doesn't read this blog.

Out back.

Anyway, I must admit it is rather pretty when everything is blanketed in white. But now the white has turned to black slush. Every street corner has a puddle that even and Olympic long jumper couldn't cross without getting wet, and I don't have any boots.

The snow and ice is so heavy the trees are drooping to the ground.

This just makes me even more excited to get out of here. I know it rains like crazy in London. I know that they have winter too, but I also know it's nothing like here. I'm looking forward to minimal snow again this year. I've had my fill for a while in just the past couple of days... so please, can someone forward to mother nature and let her know that she can hold off for a couple of weeks to bring on more winter.

0 comments: