Thursday 28 September 2006

korean text book dialogue.

this is why i'm here... these are just two examples of the dialogues that students practice in class. i am forced by my co-teacher to use these in a few of my classes. they're just so un-natural, don't you think? worth a good chuckle at the least.

A: Hello, can I talk to Mr. Brown?
B: You’ve got the wrong number.
A: I’m sure this is the correct number. Mr. Charlie Brown doesn’t live there?
B: Oh, you mean Charlie Brown?
A: Yes. May I speak to him?
B: This is he. Who’s this?
A: This is Marcie.
B: Oh, come on, Marcie. What’s up?
A: Did you do your homework?
B: I’m doing it now. It’s very easy.
A: It can’t be. It’s difficult even for me!


A: Excuse me, do you know how to use this machine?
B: Sure. First you should put your card here.
A: All right. And then what do I do?
B: Then you enter your pin number and the amount you want. It’s easy isn’t it?
A: Yes. This is the first time I’ve used it.
B: How do you like the machine?
A: I like it a lot! Thank you for teaching me.
B: You’re very welcome.

0 comments: