Tuesday 26 September 2006

i'm an alien!


it's official! i'm an alien - fully registered and legal. it's about time! after leaving my passport with the authorities two weeks ago, i got it back along with my alien registration card. it's my korean identity card and i need one to get a mobile phone... which will hopefully be happening this week... just waiting for my pay... which was supposed to be in my bank account yesterday. i'm assuming it isn't there because they probably forgot about me. korean teachers all get paid on the 17th, so i'm the only one in my school who was getting moola yesterday, and it probably just slipped their mind... i hope so anyway. i'm gong to have to ask tomorrow when i go in. it has been over a month since i was paid and things are tight... anyway, at least i'm legal now (maybe that's what they were waiting for?...) and i can safely walk down the street without worrying about being stopped. yes, i've heard of this happening here, random checks in the streets... what is this communist russia?!?!?! it isn't but they can still stop you at any moment and ask for your card. it's a big weight off my shoulders... hoorah!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Liz...Employer's change but problems with the pay are still haunting you :) hihihi...I'm sorry it was an easy one that I had to slip in !!
Happy to hear you are now an official alien...
On the other side...With all the great pictures you are taking, you make me want to take the plane to go to Korea...don't be surprised if I just knock on your door one day !!!
Miss Ya !