Wednesday 23 August 2006

and a happy birthday to me!



i went down to the local "hof and coffee" for drinks tonight - with 20 to 30 other epiks - to celebrate the big day. it was really nice to know that so many people are so kind after only a day or two of knowing me... i had a great time though i only had a pint of "hite" beer and a glass of peach soju (Korean rice wine) - we have a curfew of 11 pm, so we have to make it a light night although some people chose to maybe go a bit far. all in all it was a good birthday though i pretty much forgot about it until around 7 pm.
i even had some birthday cake courtesy of Kirsty from Australia. all in all it was a great birthday considering i'm thousands of miles away from anyone who should really care about it. and everyone was so nice about it i actually felt special on my birthday...



i'm off to sleep now, we get up early here, and have a full day of lectures tomorrow... will update more then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Liz! I'd express-ship you a REAL CANADIAN BEER if I could, but, well... how much does 'same day shipping' cost to South Korea? Is it even possible? And what would the address be? And so, I'm not shipping anything. But happy birthday all the same, and I'm glad you had fun (despite the heinous 11 o'clock curfew.)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated B-DAY liz! I see you're having fun, good for you... I wish I was doing the same!
So, I have one question... that Kirsty girl is the blond one on the pic. I think I know her from highschool (exchange student program) back in the nineties! Ask her if she was in Ottawa for an exchange program? Just curious... I would be funny if it was her!