Monday 7 January 2008

a home

It’s official. I’m a Londoner! I have my very own room, in a flat, in Cricklewood. I don’t really know much about my neighbourhood yet, but as in Korea, you’ll learn about it as I do.

My room is nice. It’s big. That’s the important part, right? It’s actually about the same size as my apartment in Korea was… minus the kitchen and bathroom. I have a double bed (that will require some kind of mattress cushion, or something to make it more comfortable), two dressers, a wardrobe, a “comfy” chair, a coffee table, a side table, and a plastic patio chair (which might actually belong outside…). It also came with a free webcam and headset, and space heater, which I can only assume were left by the previous tenant. Did I mention the (non-working) fireplace?

The carpet and curtains a little ugly, but things can be done about that… Someone is coming in next week to super wash the carpet, and I can always hang other things over the curtains.

I’ve just unpacked my bags and slightly organized things – it could change. I’m still not sure I like the positioning of the furniture, so I’ll have to wait and see. I’ll need to get something to hang on the walls since they’re bare, and a room only ever really starts to feel like home once there’s something on the walls. I’m thinking of getting some of my photos done at the snappy snaps photo store that I work at on Saturdays.

What? Yeah. I work five hours a week at a little photo shop. There’s so much catching up to be done on here, I apologize for the lack of posting of late, it’s something I can only really do when I have my own space to sit and think, and now I do.

The flat doesn’t (as far as I know so far) have Internet, so I’ll be posting this from work tomorrow. So again, I apologize for the shortness of this and the lack of real information, there will be LOTS more very soon, with pictures and all, until then, be well, happy new year, and stay tuned for more of my adventures in London… there is just SO much to catch up on…

1 Comment:

Elmobong.com said...

Happy New Year Lizzypooh, I'm glad to see things are going well. Take some before and after shots when you are done redecorating. It will be like watching TLC Trading Spaces or something... Take care...