Tuesday 6 February 2007

i've been tagged...again...

this tagging business can be annoying, but oddly i couldn't stop thinking about this one...

the top five songs i would play at my own funeral and though it is rather morbid... it's also kind of fun...

as kassandra (who tagged me) insinuated, the cure makes the top of the list. i actually thought of listing the entire album 'disintegration' but i'll settle for this (which isn't even from that album):


the cure - the funeral party. partly because of the title, but there are other reasons that i would rather not get in to here... just take it at face value... oh, and the above video is not approved by the cure, but made by some guy who posted it on youtube...thanks, or i never would've found this song to play here!

number 2:


the smashing pumpkins - 1979. from a great time in my life...oh to be young again... plus it has great bass, a great beat, and you can all dance and sing along!

number 3:

the doves - there goes the fear. why? well, really it's just one of my favourite songs... it helps remind me to live every second of my life like it's my last...

number 4:

U2 - One. need i say more?

number 5:

Longpigs - On and On. again, one of my favourite songs. i can't really say why...it's love and hate, and life and death, and everything that you don't want to face.

there's the top five. also on my list... i'd have to dj the whole party, you see... i couldn't leave that up to anyone else... except maybe kassandra ;) in no particular order:
Dido - life for rent, sand in my shoes;
Ash - walking barefoot;
Counting Crows - 'round here;
Gary Jules - mad world;
A-Ha - the sun always shines on TV;
Rolling Stones - paint it black, she's a rainbow, ruby tuesday;
Belle and Sebastian - get me away from here i'm dying, the boy with the arab strap, lazy line painter jane, this is just a modern rock song...;
Jean Leloup - i lost my baby;
Abba - chiquitita;
Oasis - wonderwall, champagne supernova;
Rialto - perfect day (no, not the lou reed version);
the Arcade Fire - rebellion (lies);
Billy Idol - dancing with myself, mony mony;
Six by Seven - stop the world;
Coldplay - parachutes, yellow, the scientist, in my place, everything's not lost;
Smashing Pumpkins - disarm, landslide, tonight tonight, bullet with butterfly wings;
U2 - kite, walk on, wild honey, stuck in a moment, all i want is you, sunday bloody sunday, new year's day...;
Johnny Cash - i walk the line, a boy named sue, folsom prison blues, daddy sang bass;
the Cure - disintegration (the whole album, and specifically the song), three imaginary boys (yes, the album...), plastic passion, just like heaven, inbetween days, close to me, the upstairs room, play for today, M, the exploding boy... i think you get the point... my funeral would not be without the cure... and lots of it!

okay, i have to stop now... the list would just go on and on until i'd listed my entire play list here... you get the point. at least you all know what i have on my ipod shuffle now!!!

now, who will i tag??? ... how 'bout kimbirdy, stranger, and awesomebringer.

1 Comment:

Kassandra said...

Ha! I was 60% sure it'd be Funeral Party. Actually, that one almost made my top 5, but I thought I'd leave it for you :) Wow. 1979. What a great song. Great great great great, and I haven't heard it in YEARS. Thank you for reminding me!
Rialto, Gary Jules, and Belle & Sebastian 'Get me Away From Here I'm Dying' (ha ha or dead)almost made my list as well.
Anyway, you know you could always DJ at my funeral, too. Talk about morbid!