Friday 12 May 2006

Moving

I have been living in the same apartment for the past seven years. I have had 14 different roommates, each with their own quirks. Some of them are like family, some will be life-long friends, and others I have never spoken to since the day they moved out; a few I can't even remember their last names. That isn't supposed to be the point of this post, but maybe it should be. This is actually (as you can tell by the title) about the fact that it is the end of an era in just a few weeks. My lease is up July 1, and I’m not staying (as we should all know by my previous post about Korea; still no word from EPIK).

So for the past few weeks, I’ve been waiting to find out where I will be living for my last summer in Montreal. I will be staying with my current roommate (Cherry, yes, like the fruit) and her boyfriend. So, while they've been going crazy looking for an apartment, I’ve been waiting to see where they decided to live. He didn't want to stay in NDG (Notre-Dame de Grace, the neighbourhood we live in now) because this is the same area that he has lived for his entire life. I really like NDG, often referred to as 'No Damn Good', for some reason. This is a brilliant area to live in, especially where I am. I'm a 15-minute bus ride from downtown, or I can take the Metro in no time. Monkland, a street full of cafes, bars, and restaurants is a short walk away, and the rest of NDG (which is huge) is right at my doorstep. I’m close enough to Westmount that I can take advantage of their parks and recreation. This is my neighbourhood, and I really like it. So, I’m pleased to know that we are moving just three blocks away. How convenient. I’m really happy. Of course, I’m leaving for Korea by the end of the summer, so it's only temporary, but it'll be nice to spend my last summer in the 'hood. :)


0 comments: