Sunday 7 May 2006

it's official... almost

This is an email that i received from Concordia:

"CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY

General Notice

Date : May 05, 2006

Dear Ms. Mavor,

This is to certify that you have completed the requirements for a Bachelor of Arts, Specialization Journalism.

The awarding of this degree is subject to the approval of the Faculty Council and University Senate, which bodies will convene on May 23, 2006 for the purpose of reviewing the candidacy of graduating students.

Yours Sincerely,
Jennifer Srey
Arts and Science Service Team
Office of the Registrar"


So, it's almost official...and i know that when the senate approves the list they don't go over every student, they just say yes or no. My actual convocation is on June 12th. My father and step-mother are coming down, as are my room mates parents and sister, she's convocating on the same day, but i'm in the afternoon and she's in the morning, so we'll all have to go to two ceremonies - woo hoo! - really, it's probably going to be really boring. i still can't wait for it though. My grandmother already sent me my graduation gift - a gift certificate to buy myself a Tilley hat. She has had skin cancers on her face for over twenty years and so she wants to make sure that i take care of my skin. i've already had a few bad burns in my life, so i need to be careful. Anyway, it's a great travel companion - the hat, i mean, there's a "secret" pocket to put your money and passport in, who's going to steal the hat right off your head? anyway, i'm going to head over to the Tilley store, here in Montreal, in the next few weeks to pick one out. i'll have it by graduation and get a photo of mysself with it in my gown and send it to my grandmother since she's not able to travel to Montreal. More soon...

0 comments: