Sunday 6 July 2008

Reverse psychology

I didn't have any plans on Saturday, which was somewhat of a relief after the week I've had. I went out three out of four nights in a row and didn't get more than five or six hours of sleep a night, so having a night off to catch up was nice. I figured I'd putter around the house and get some chores done, then hunker down with a movie and a bottle of wine...

But I got bored by 2 PM and decided to wander down to Soho and check out the Pride events. I haven't been to Pride in years, but there was a time when I went every year, mostly because so many of my friends back home are gay, but also because the atmosphere at Pride is always so welcoming and happy. I knew a couple of people who would be down that way and thought I might meet up with them. I wandered around for about an hour just taking in the festive feeling and snapping photos of the characters that were celebrating. Here's a sample of the best that I got.










It was nice to feel the vibe, but I didn't end up sticking around. I was so tired that I wouldn't have made it much longer. Instead I headed to the Korean shop that was not too far away and loaded up on some deok bokki and other Korean delights like kimchi. Then I came home and had a mini Korean feast! It was good. I watched Sex and the City: the movie and hit the hay at a reasonable hour - for the first time all week!

It's been a hectic week for me, and this, after I told myself I would be good and go home every night and go to the gym and generally be healthy - I only have 25 days before I'm virtually living in a bikini for two weeks - but it seems like by telling myself to be healthy, I played a little reverse psychology on myself. So, this week I'm telling myself that I'm going out every night and not going to the gym at all and I'll eat pizza for dinner every night!

(If you haven't already, scroll down and watch the two videos I've posted... good stuff, especially the Happy Day one!)

1 Comment:

David White said...

The Pride event pictures are great fun - it looks well worth visiting! Nice to see some inside snippets of London life on your blog.