Tuesday 29 April 2008

new beginnings

It's official. I am a career woman! I started my new job yesterday and I have to say that being happy about going to work makes a world of difference.

I was nervous at the beginning of the day, but slipped right into it. I was teamed up with a colleague who use to do my job and he showed me a lot. By the end of the day I was uploading to the wire all by myself!

The programs that I've learned so far are relatively easy to use. The real challenge will come tomorrow when I have my Avid training. My confidence is way up though and I know that I can do this job and anything they ask me to.

It's a different world for me now. I like going to work and it doesn't even really feel like work. The day flies by and before I know it, it's time to go home!

I'm still, of course, in the honeymoon stage here, and who knows what the future will bring... but for now, I'm loving it. From now on there are no more annoying people calling me and no more dealing with the public, which is a first for me!

Anyway, just wanted to drop a quickie to let you all know that things are going really well. I feel like it's the beginning of the rest of my life!

1 Comment:

kim joo mee said...

the beginning of the rest of your life huh? Wow! Good for you. It does make a huge difference to love your job doesn't it? It's taken me about 6 months to get out of the honeymoon stage, but I still enjoy it immensely. Skype date is soon in order!