Wednesday 24 January 2007

whaddya think?

well, i think it's done.

how do you like the new look?

it took longer than i thought/was hoping it would, but i think it's worth it. some changes that i've made:
  • left side column
  • new colours all around
  • right sidebar background image
  • new header *designed by me
  • lots of new links
  • labels (in a cool label cloud)
well, when i look at it like that it's really not that much, but it took a long time... guess i forgot most of what "they" taught me in uni about coding... but with the help of google i managed to find all kinds of great tips online.

i know it's not all super stream-lined and curvy like my old template, i really liked the rounded corners, but it's really more trouble than it's worth, but maybe i'll do it eventually... for now i'm happy with what i've got... and i hope you are too.

let me know what you think... please, don't be shy about it... is it too dark? hard to see? is it eye-catching? what do you think of the graphics? PLEASE tell me!!! i worked on it pretty hard and feed back is always a good thing... promise to post something interesting tomorrow... then it's off to Seoul for the weekend, so no posting, but next week is bound to be full of goodies... in the meantime, let me know what you think of the new look!

5 comments:

Travelling Chick said...

Hey you - liking the blue and the header -looks very introspective or something...not sure about the right hand bar - I think the background is a bit too busy for my taste, although I do like the pattern. Lovin the links along the left side...all in all a nice change! lots of info and spaced out nicely..

my trip: got your note and will be able to get those things for ya! I'm basically planning to take an empty bag home I think! ha ha ha...have a great time in Seoul girlie and I'll see ya when I'm back in the Gdot..

kim joo mee said...

Hi there. I think it looks wayyyyyyyy better than when you were "in progress", but I guess that's pointing out the obvious. I like it's simplicity, I like the backgrounds because there isn't a lot of color variety...it adds a nice touch...

Also, I think the new look represents your personality very well. I look at it and it's very comfortable...does that make sens? It does in my head and I can't really describe what I'm trying to say...if you really want me to dive into it, we have a 3 hour train ride tomorrow AND THE WHOLE WEEKEND! asahhh

Liza said...

I think Laurie would give you an A+! lol
and that mullet guy? really creeps me out...nastier than the mullets here 4 sure!

Webs said...

I thought I heard someone talking about me....

<drumroll>A+</drumroll>

Webs said...

Actually, now that I took a hard look, I think the blue background could be lighter to make the blue text on it easier to read.

I wouldn't use an image for background behind text, but yours isn't too bad.